Welcome to the 3rd day of the KingsGate prayer and fasting week. You might be feeling a bit weak, irritable and hungry (very in my case) but I would encourage you to keep going. This is what is says in Matthew:
Matthew 9 v 15:16
Then John’s disciples came and asked him, “How is it that we and the Pharisees fast often, but your disciples do not fast?”
Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast.
One of the reasons why we as Christians fast is that we do not have Christ with us in person right now and we are longing for His return. Yes we do have the beautiful Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of Christ within us (whom Christ said it would be for our good for Him to go so He can send the Holy Spirit) but we are also waiting in eager anticipation of Jesus’ return at the consummation of the age, where He will come and collect His bride who is the church, (ie you and me). Like a love-sick bride waiting patiently for her Groom to return from a long absence we are exhorted to prepare ourselves, lean into His sufficient grace, life, strength, love and so much more provided by relationship with the Holy Spirit. I would encourage you to draw strength from the Holy Spirit today as the hunger pangs and caffeine headaches hit and remember to keep praying too.
At Wimbledon Village we are excited at the season we find ourselves in. It has been a season of community building, establishing ourselves and discovering who we are individually and collectively. We feel that the Spirit of God is leading us into a new season where we are becoming more outwardly focused like a family on a mission.
- That the sense of family here would be protected and grown further.
- For an increase in the manifest Presence of God in our togetherness.
- For a growing hunger in our hearts collectively for the mission and the lost.
- For revival fire to spread through us and that many lost, broken and sick people will be healed, delivered and saved.
- That we would continue to grow in love for God, one another and our enemies.
- That we would increasingly see each other and honour the gifting in each other’s lives.
- For key kingdom partnerships to form in the area with other churches.
God bless and we hope to see you tonight at the details below, it would be great to have you with us:
Address: Wimbledon Village Hall, 26 Lingfield Road, London, SW19 4QD.