Thank you for joining us in praying for Cobham today. A key verse for us, that comes out of a passage about fasting, is Isaiah 58:12
Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.
The church in Cobham has a rich history, St Andrews Church was founded in the 12 Century and there have been times of great revival and outpouring of Holy Spirit in previous years. We know that we stand on the shoulders of giants who have gone before, and we work side by side with the other churches in the village, as we trust God for His kingdom in Cobham and surrounding areas. The fact that we are meeting in Church Gate House, part of St Andrews church, demonstrates a unity of believers that has huge impact in the spirit realm.
Fasting demonstrates our dependence on God. Putting aside our needs and choosing to focus on God and listen to what he is saying and to see what he is seeing – for us and our communities.
What are we praying for:
Over the area:
- Revelation of the truth of the gospel and God’s faithfulness
- Dependence on God rather than depending on ourselves and material things
- Another outpouring of Holy Spirit
For us as KingsGate Cobham:
- Calling in the spiritual stones – the people – to take their place in rebuilding the spiritual walls and releasing the kingdom of God.
- Young families and children
- Open doors, opportunities and favour for us to serve the community
- A home of our own
As Keath mentioned in His blog, this is a time for us to ask ‘what do we see?’
- What do you see for Cobham?